Picking the right holiday party invitation
wording is important because it sets the tone for your event and lets your guests know how to plan for your party. Wording for holiday party invitation messages will depend on the type of party, the location, the guest list, and the theme that you want to incorporate.
Here are a few suggestions for holiday party invitations wording:
- Casual: If you’re inviting only close friends and family, the wording for your holiday party invitation should reflect the welcoming and friendly atmosphere that your party will have.
- Celebrate the season with us! You’re invited to a holiday party for family and friends.
- We’re hosting a holiday open house, we hope you’ll join us!
- Cheers! Please join us for an evening of festive drinks and merry-making.
- Home for the holidays? Come visit us for a family celebration!
- Formal: Inform your guests of the proper etiquette for your formal event by specifying the dress code, type of drinks or meal served, valet parking and any other essential details. Other ways to create a formal holiday party invitation are to address the recipients using proper titles such as “Mr.” and “Mrs.”, write out the date of the event in full rather than using numbers (for example, “the twentieth of December” rather than “December 20th”), or let guests know that “the favor of a reply is requested” instead of asking them to “RSVP.”
- You are cordially invited to attend a winter holiday celebration.
- (Host Names) request the honor of your presence at the 5th Annual Winter Wonderland Ball.
- The pleasure of your company is requested to celebrate the holiday season.
- Corporate: The annual office holiday party is always a source of some trepidation, but they are a traditional annual event that should not be missed. Get your party off to a good start by letting co-workers know that you are looking forward to celebrating with them. Suggestions for office holiday party invitation wording are:
- You’re invited to an evening of laughter and good cheer at (company)’s Holiday Celebration!
- It’s that time of year! (Company) invites you to the annual office holiday party.
- In appreciation of another successful year, (company) invites you for dinner, drinks, and holiday cheer.
- Cute: Make your party special by highlighting the festivities and fun to be shared by all in your holiday party invitation wording.
- Mix and mingle, join us for cocktails and nibbles.
- Merry everything, happy always! Come celebrate the holidays with us!
- Eat, drink and be merry!
- Deck the halls! You’re invited to a winter soiree.
- ‘Tis the season to wine and dine.
- Let it snow! You’re invited for cookies and cocoa.
- Christmas comes but once a year, let’s celebrate with some holiday cheer!
- Whether you’ve been naughty or nice, we’ll have one for you waiting on ice.
Always remember to carefully look over the information on your invitation and check for any spelling or grammatical errors. With the wording for your holiday party invitation all set, you can check step one off the list and get down to planning the rest of your holiday celebration!