Celebrate savanna-style with a Lion King birthday party and give a big ROOOAAARRRR! Pair outrageous decorations with a beastly feast for the ultimate wild rumpus. Incorporate these great Lion King party ideas into your planning and delight your aspiring Simba or Nala.
- Invitations: To set the tone for the Lion King birthday party, select lion themed birthday invitations. Include details such as the event’s name, guest of honor, date, time, and location.
- Costumes: As guests arrive at the party, give them each a headpiece to represent animals such as lions, antelopes, zebras, warthogs, and meerkats. Visit your local party supplier for animal masks. Oh what fun to have all the animals from the jungle attend the Lion King party!
- Decorations: Whether you’re hosting the party at a residence or venue, turn the party location into a jungle fit for a king (or queen). Hang Lion King decorations (green and brown crepe streamers are a good place to start) from Punchbowl's Shopping Aisle throughout the room to set the scene. Place a brown table cloth over the main serving table and create a sign for the table that says “Pride Rock.” Purchase Lion King birthday decorations such as mylar balloons that represent characters from the Lion King movie. Consider characters such as Simba, Nala, Scar, Timon, and Pumbaa; and other animals such as zebras, warthogs, and meerkats. Use the balloons as centerpieces or tie them to chairs. Play music from the Lion King movie in the background. Well known songs include, “Circle of Life,” “Can You Feel the Love Tonight,” and “Hakuna Matata.”
- Cake: Serve a Lion King birthday cake to the herd of guests at the party. Purchase a cake at your local bakery or make one yourself. There are many design options for a Lion King birthday cake. To create your own cake with a Pride Rock theme, gather three round cake pans (one small, one medium, and one large). Bake the three cakes, let them cool, and frost them in light brown frosting. Next, stack the cake layers with the largest on the bottom, the medium size in the middle, and the small cake on top. Then place plastic figurines of the Lion King characters on the various layers of cake.
- Favors: When it’s time to say goodbye to your guests, pass out Lion King party favors. Leave a lasting impression with goody bags that include a CD of songs from the Lion King movie, a DVD of the Lion King movie, white chocolate lollipops shaped as animals, and Lion King stickers.
For even more magical Disney party ideas, be sure to visit Spoonful.com.
Sit back and graze while the young cubs run wild, and enjoy your Lion King theme party!