Plan an Awesome 9th Birthday Party
Want to plan an awesome 9th birthday party for your child? Punchbowl has tons of excellent party planning tips and ideas to help you pull it off without a hitch. From the invites to the party favors, these five easy steps and 9th birthday party ideas will make your 9th birthday party unforgettable.
- Pick a theme: Picking a party theme is the first step in the planning process. Having a party theme makes the birthday celebration unique and also makes the rest of the planning process easier. When deciding on a theme, consult with your child to narrow down what he/she likes or is interested in to make it more personalized.
Girls 9th birthday party ideas:
- Disney Princesses
Boys 9th birthday party ideas:
- Aviation (airplanes, helicopters, jets, etc.)
- Spiderman or Batman
- Invitations: Once you have narrowed in on a theme, the next step is to design and send out your 9th birthday invitation. Be creative with the design and try to incorporate the party theme. You can also be creative with your invite wording and personalize it the Punchbowl digital invitation studio.
- Decorations: For your party decorations, use lots of balloons, streamers, and brightly-colored accessories to make the space look vibrant and fun. Have your party theme be the inspiration for your table décor and additional party supplies. Things like party hats, themed plates and cups, noisemakers, and confetti are all great items to include. Complete your decorations with a personalized banner in the middle of the party area to make your child feel extra special.
- Party Activities: Have a few planned party games or activities to do during the party to keep the kids entertained. You can even use your theme to help inspire fun games to play or just play traditional party games. Here are few activities perfect for any girl or boy’s birthday:
Activities for girls:
- Cookie decorating
- Pottery painting
- Pool activities
- Face painting
Activities for boys:
- Laser tag
- Magic show
- Capture the flag
- Birthday Party Favors: Give each guest a special gift to take home at the end of the party. Your party favors can be related to the party theme or just be fun things you think the kids will love. A great favor idea that can be tailored to any party is a goodie bag filled with assorted candy, bubbles, crayons, stickers, fake tattoos, and a mini coloring book.
Turning nine is a big deal for your not-so-little one, so make sure to incorporate a few surprises and take lots of pictures!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now