Pumpkin Carving Party
Start a new tradition this year - host a pumpkin carving party! A pumpkin carving party is a great way to gather friends, family and neighbors to celebrate the season and prepare for Halloween. Here are some fun pumpkin carving party ideas to help jump-start your planning process:
- Invitations: Send pumpkin carving party invitations to spread the word about the party. Choose a digital design that incorporates seasonal colors (orange, red, brown) and include images of jack-o-lanterns. Once your design is complete, send it to your guests at least 3-4 weeks in advance so everyone has time to RSVP.
- Party Snacks: Make your pumpkin carving party complete with seasonal treats, drinks and wine. Use seasonal ingredients and serve traditional comfort foods that will make your guest feel right at home while carving away. If you are crunched for time, make it a potluck event using Punchbowl’s potluck feature. This feature allows everyone to sign up to bring one snack or beverage to the event. Here are some festive favorite food ideas to serve at your pumpkin carving party:
- Pumpkin hummus with pita chips
- Cheese and cracker plate
- Toasted spicy pumpkin seeds
- Butternut squash risotto
- Baked macaroni and cheese with broccoli
- Homemade turkey chili (or vegetarian chili)
- Pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting
- Warm apple cider with cinnamon
- Wine and seasonal beer
- Pumpkin Carving: Before the party decide on a designated area to carve the pumpkins. Purchase enough pumpkins for each guest and a few extra, just in case. Line a table with paper or a plastic table cover, set out bowls with carving tools and empty bowls for the pumpkin guts. Here are a few additional tips to help your while setting up and during the party:
- It's messy, but who cares? It's all part of the experience! Grab a roll of paper towels and remember to advise your guests to wear jeans or comfy sweats rather than 4-inch heels.
- It's all about the tools. Everyone needs to find what works for him or her, so have a variety of sizes available in spoons (for removing the seeds) and knives (for carving). Don't forget bowls for the seeds!
- Be creative. The best part about carving pumpkins with friends is seeing what everyone comes up with in the end. Who carved a scary pumpkin? A happy pumpkin?
- Also, don't let those pumpkin seeds go to waste. Use them for roasting to snack on later.
- Party Favors: Even though everyone will get to take home their own jack-o-lantern at the end of the night, send them off with an extra party favor. Some fun pumpkin themed party favors include pumpkin carving kits, homemade bags of roasted pumpkin seeds or a pumpkin photo frame. Be creative and draw inspiration from seasonal items like pumpkins, Halloween, apples and foliage.
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now