Rosh Hashanah Recipes
Make delicious Rosh Hashanah recipes to bring in the Jewish New Year. Plan your menu for Rosh Hashanah in advance, and include delicious Rosh Hashanah food for your family and friends. Alter the recipes based on the number of guests you expect at your Rosh Hashanah party.
Get inspired by these Rosh Hashanah recipe ideas:
Matzah Ball Soup Recipe
- 2 eggs (beat them lightly)
- 2 tablespoons of butter (melted)
- ½ cup matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 cups broth (chicken)
- 1 medium carrot (cut into two large strips)
- Mix the eggs and melted butter in a small bowl. Add in the matzo meal, parsley, salt, pepper, and water. Mix until it forms a dough. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Boil the chicken broth and carrots in a large pot. Slowly bring it to a simmer. Remove the dough mixture from the refrigerator and shape the matzo dough into twelve balls. Drop the matzo balls into the simmering broth. Cover the pot and cook for 35 minutes.
- ½ pound wide Passover egg noodles
- ½ stick melted butter
- 1 pound cottage cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil the egg noodles in water for around 4 minutes. Remove from the stove and strain. Combine the noodles and ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish, approximately 9x13 in size.
- Bake the kugel for around 40 minutes.
Celebrate Rosh Hashanah with delicious, traditional Jewish recipes and enjoy the high holidays!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now