Spring Themed Baby Shower
Spring is all about new beginnings, which makes it the perfect theme for a baby shower! A spring themed baby shower should incorporate all aspects of the season with soft pastel colors, fresh flowers, potted plants and butterflies. From the location to the cake, there are so many ways you can utilize this theme to create a memorable celebration. Here are a few easy and simple spring baby shower ideas to help you inspire your party planning.
- Location: Host the party in a backyard, at a local park or at a restaurant with an outdoor patio. A garden makes the perfect backdrop for a spring baby shower because it provides natural décor that compliments the party theme.
- Invitations: Send out your baby shower invitations six to eight weeks before the party. You want to pick an invitation design that reflects your theme, so incorporate two to three pastel colors in your design. You can also tie the spring theme into your invitation wording by saying, “You’re Invited to a Spring Baby Shower in Honor of (expectant mother’s name)”.
- Decorations: Colorful flowers, potted plants, butterflies and dragonflies are the perfect addition to your party décor. Display lots of flower bouquets throughout your party space to create a garden oasis. Include seasonal flowers like daisies, lilies and daffodils. Make butterfly and dragonfly place card holders to display at each place setting. Tiki torches or paper lanterns are also a great addition to add ambiance to the party.
- Cake: Spring baby shower cakes are an essential part of the celebration. You can either choose to design a traditional cake or make cupcakes. For a traditional cake, pick a tiered design that is decorated with pastel colored frosting. Add candy butterflies and flowers to the cake to make it fit the spring theme. If you want something less traditional, mini cupcakes are perfect because they are so cute and irresistibly good. Frost the cupcakes with pastel frosting and finish the cupcakes with mini candy flower cupcake toppers.
- Activities & Games: Give your baby shower games a spring twist. Play baby bingo and add spring words to the bingo cards like ladybug, butterfly, daisy and daffodil along with the traditional baby words. Instead of traditional bingo card markers, use paper flowers or butterflies for an added creative touch.
- Menu: Incorporate seasonal flavors into your spring baby shower menu. One versatile idea is to make crepes, which can be served both savory (with cheese and ham fillings, for example) or sweet (with honey or chocolate). A big bowl of fresh fruit salad, and bite-sized treats are also a must!
Infuse the day with color, flowers and new beginnings and celebrate the mother-to-be!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now